Saturday, June 13, 2009

Western Aus to Indo

So I spent the last couple of days in Exmouth scuba diving on the Nigaloo Reef and swimming with the Largest fish in the Ocean.... both amazing experiences.... The Nigaloo Reef is incredible... the coral has an array of vibrant colours... pinks, purples, blues and reds... we had some fun swim throughs with an abudant amount of tropical fish. The Largest fish in the Ocean is the Whale shark, yes its a shark not a whale and its over 15m long.... and we were as close as 3m to it... it feeds on plankton so no worries on any of us being dinner...

Garret and I then sold the car in Exmouth and hitched a ride back to Perth with a great local guy. Garret and I then spent three days together in Perth. 1st day we spent downtown exploring and shopping... as you do in the city... Jess I got some great buys....

The next day we walked around Kings Park... a beautiful green park that over looks Perth and the Harbour... Our last day we spent together on Rottnest Island... we rented a tandum bike, had a few good laughs trying to ride it... went to Salmon Bay for some snorkelling and lunch... the water was crystal clear and there were a huge school of fish that would follow us around...

After WA I did a bit of a milk run on the airplane to get to Indo but I finally arrived in Bali... I got here late at night, no place to sleep but a surf guide in hand and the name of the beach I was headed to...

with hundreds of taxi drivers hounding me at the airport, I finally picked one to take me to Legion beach... its about 10 mins north from Kuta Beach. I found a swank hotel and settled in easily....

woke up early stoked to hit the surf, pulled out my board and well found a "toonie" sized ding in the bottom, of my board from the airplane ride over... disheartend I plotted down the beach until I finally found some sun cure to fix my board....

first wave i caugth felt smooth... the waves are small but clean and fun!!

I heard froma few Aussies that Nusa Lembongon might have a few waves to offer, so off I went... Nusa Lembongon is an Island close to Bali...about an hours boat ride away... There I found a beautiful hotel, one with a view of the ocean and the mountains in bali as a backdrop... absolutly stunning... the only thing that would make the view better is if I had someone to share it with.... I spent a few days exploring the Island.... doing some snorkelling and riding around on a scooter... it was sooo cool.... made me think of how much I miss my bike... and how much I think I'd like to ride a dirt bike... One day I took a local boat out to a near by surf break witha couple of guys I met, the first half hour was awesome but then it got a little hairy for me... and with rebar poles sticking out from the seaweed farm below the break I got a little scared... so I hung out on the boat, well the boys surfed... even they were a little intimadated... one guy from another boat put a hole right through his board second wave out... ouch...

I am back at Legion now... beach break and no rebar... so better... had a great 4 hour surf session this morning.... and now absolutely wipped out so I think I'll go to bed early....

have a great day, miss you all see you soon Jamie

1 comment:

  1. i can't beleive you stayed in australia for so long in the end!!! i'm so jrealous taht you're still out on the road... i'd love to go back to australia sometime soon. Hope you're still loving it! When's your flight home? xxx

    ReplyDelete